All incoming students applying to Baylor University are eligible to apply to the Baylor Interdisciplinary Core in the Honors College. The Honors College has a common application where you can select to apply to the BIC program. Upon being accepted to Baylor University, the BIC Admission Committee will begin reviewing the BIC application submitted via the common Honors College application. Because you may only enter the BIC program in the fall as an incoming freshman, you must apply before you begin at Baylor. BIC uses a holistic review process and reviews all application material. We accept a limited number of students each year, so apply early!
The Honors College application for Fall 2024 is live!
1. Create a goBaylor account to apply to Baylor University. If you are applying through Common App or ApplyTexas, you should be receiving an email from Baylor with steps on how to activate your goBaylor account about 48 hours after you have submitted your Baylor application.
2. Log into your goBaylor account.
3. Find the Honors College common application either in your checklist or your Academic Opportunities section in the goBaylor status page.
4. Select BIC as the program you would like to apply to in the Honors College common application, fill out the questions, and submit the application.
5. If you have already applied to a different Honors College program or major, please email us to add BIC to your Honors College application.
6. Upon your acceptance to Baylor University, your Honors College common application will be reviewed by the BIC Admissions Committee.
7. Check your goBaylor account and your emails for messages from the BIC Office regarding your admission status.
8. If you are accepted into the BIC program, you have the choice of either confirming or declining your acceptance. This is an important step as it will affect your summer orientation advising assignment.
9. If you are accepted into BIC and are interested in residing in the Honors Residential College (HRC), please complete the Honors Residential College Application. Placement in the HRC is by application only. Admission to BIC or any Honors College opportunity does not guarantee placement in the HRC. HRC applications must be completed for consideration of placement in the HRC.
If you have any questions about BIC or the application process, feel free to email us or call the BIC office at 254-710-3981.